Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Man Stripes

Good Morning Peeps!

As you may have noticed, moustaches are the rage right now. I've had this moustache dies/stamp set by HeroArts for a while and just got around to using it. [It's not as easy using a 'stache as you might think.] I seem to neglect masculine cards and decided it was time to solve that problem.

The DUDE and sentiment stamps are from Simon Says Stamp card kits. I fussy cut around the DUDE stamp to leave a small white edge to mimic the 'stache. I turned the sentiment into a banner, added 3 black liquid pearl dots for buttons, and called it done.

Not only did I get 4 cards from a leftover pieces of striped paper, but I finally found a way to use my moustache die/stamp set, and have masculine cards to send in to Operation Write Home! Now I call that a successful craft session.

My back porch swing is calling me so I'll say bye for now. Thank you for stopping by... hope you enjoyed your visit!

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Monkey Time

Howdy Peeps! I tell you, sometimes my craft space becomes a bottomless pit... or land of the lost. Yup, that's what it is.

I had made a card similar to this a while back for a fun fold challenge. The fun fold wasn't anything to write home about [my humble opinion] because it used more card stock for the fold, and you could get the same effect without the extra step. I couldn't find the video for the fun fold, but no biggie as I wasn't going to use it anyway. But... I had extra paper because I liked it so much... but then lost it. [mumble, mumble] Fast forward to now, two months later... I found the paper and made more of these cards before I lost the paper again.

The monkey/blue & white dotted paper is a double sided piece. The front paper is cut 1" narrower [that would be 3 1/4"]. The left side of the front is a 1 1/4" strip of solid blue hand cut into fringe. I used a 3" scallop circle punch for the half circle on the right so part of the monkey would be showing. I also sponged brown along the edges.

The monkey on the inside is a builder punch by McGill, and the balloons are made with a Marvy paper punch. A couple of pieces of baker's twine, and a stamped sentiment later, I have a CASE card like the original - minus the fun fold. [The builder punch for the monkey has several small pieces/parts to make the monkey, and takes a little time... but the end result was worth it. Plus... I got the punch at 75% off so it's all good!]

Well, I going to get going. Maybe I'll find some more lost treasures in my craft space. Thank you for stopping by... hope you enjoyed your visit!