Monday, December 23, 2013

Candlelight Christmas

Hello peeps! Yes it's been too long since I've posted anything here. I'll just say I've been dealing with an elderly family member [my mom] and let it go at that. Anyone who is, or has been, there will know it can be very time consuming and emotional. Needless to say a family comes first.

I made three new Christmas Card designs this year and can't take credit for any of them. I found all the ideas on Pinterest and I'm very glad I did. This one has candles and I love how it turned out. My lighting leaves a lot to be desired but it turned out so crisp and clean.


The red candle and the flames are glitter cardstock by Best Creations, Inc. [I'm emphasizing this part - glitter can not be used on OWH cards.] 

I do love using this cardstock for my cards because the glitter is somehow sealed on the paper. I've rubbed it on a rough surface, scratched it with my fingernail, ran a table knife over it... and the glitter did not come off. Even so, I would not use it for OWH cards because I don't want to take any chances.

Unfortunately the McGill Pine punch I used for the greenery fell apart just as I finished all my punching. Well... I've had it several years, used it a gazillion times, and it has served me well.

Enjoy your Christmas and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Marlene, this card is just as pretty and peaceful as can be. Love the papers on the candles. I'm very sorry to hear that your Mom is not doing well. I've been a sole care giver so I know how hard it is. Family does come first. Wishing you and yours the best Christmas and New Year you can have.

    ReplyDelete