Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Tag and a Booklet

Hello peeps! How are you this fine day? I haven't been feeling that great the past week and a half... got some kind of bug. Last Saturday I went to an all day crop that I had signed up for. Well... it was either that or lose my $20. I went with high hopes of making 30 cards but that was an epic fail! I think this bug has gobbled up my mojo. On the bright side I made 3 new friends, one of whom also makes cards for Operation Write Home. There was a lot of socializing and eating. A light breakfast, catered lunch, and catered dinner was included in my $20 fee. I know... right... you just can't beat that!

We all did 2 Make and Takes, and that's what I'm showing you today. Diane Dezso, owner of Paper Crazy, always comes up with such adorable vintage, shabby chic, projects. My projects came out looking blah, and the inks are muddy, but I don't worry too much when it's a Make 'n Take. My main goal is to get the basics down so I can recreate it at home.

This tag was fun to make, and all sparkly, but the photo doesn't do it justice.
The 1st step: cover a tag with 3-4 torn pieces of DSP.
The 2nd step: sponge Ranger's Distress Ink [Tattered Rose and Tea Dye] all over the tag but mine looks muddy!
The 3rd step: randomly stamp 3-4 images on the tag using black ink.
The 4th step: randomly drop several medium globs of Ranger's Distress Stickles, in Rock Candy, on the tag. Then, using my finger, spread the Stickles all over the tag. Kind of like finger painting.
The final step: add our embellishments. The double bow, the ticket, and the Rosette, or what's supposed to be a Rosette.

This booklet is made with one sheet of 12x12 double sided DSP that is cut in half. One piece is scored at 4 1/4" and creased for the outside pages. The other piece is scored at 5 1/2" and creased for the inside pages. Sponge the DSP with the ink used above and bind with jute. Embellishments are the tag, bow, and definition.

Sorry peeps for taking so much time... but this ended up being way longer than I intended. Thank You so much for stopping by... hope you enjoyed your visit!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like your stamp meet was successful to me! Your tag is gorgeous with all of those pretty elements you added to it, and the booklet looks beautiful! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete