Sunday, December 4, 2011

Naughty?.... Or downright mean?

Hello peeps! Has the whole world gone insane? After I made my happy little post on December 1st I went out for  a couple of hours to get a few gifts and stuff to make candy. I was still in my happy little mood when I got home... until I opened the door!!!

Holy Guacamole! My house had been broken into and ransacked. Now, I'm not the type who gets hysterical... at least until everything is over. Of course I called 911 immediately and, no, I didn't go through my house. I did stand right inside my side door hollering "Whose in my house" several times. I don't have a clue what I would have done if I got an answer!

One of my dad's rifles was propped up against the footstool in my living room and a lock box was on the sofa. I bypassed hysteria and went straight to rage because my little fur baby wouldn't answer me. I thought the worst. My kitchen window was wide open as was the patio door. They had taken guns that were my dad's, and the ammo. That hurt 'cuz dad passed away several years ago. They were kind enough (?) to leave a couple behind. Bad move, and stupid, if they decide to come back for them! Yep, I do know how to use them!

The diamond necklace that was the last gift from my hubby before he passed was also taken, and another big hurt, AND my computer!! After 45 minutes I finally heard my dog whimper... he had been locked in the bathroom. Go figure!?! He wasn't hurt, thank God, although he's really skittish right now.

It took police 2 hours to get here and I live in the city! They didn't do anything except file a report! No fingerprints were taken even though one gun and the lock box was in the middle of the living room and 4 guns were actually stolen. Really!?! Are you serious!?! It took hours to pick up and put away all of my stuff that had been dumped out of drawers, closets, and cabinets. Hmmm... what I want for Christmas is 5 minutes alone in a room with whoever did this!

I'll be keeping up here as best I can on this super small notebook my son has brought over. My fat little fingers keep hitting the wrong keys... but hey, it's better than nothing! So peeps, stay safe and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Oh honey, as I expressed on the board, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I would think the police would be a little more concerned since firearms are involved in the theft. I pray for your peace and hope your little fur baby gets over his fear soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marlene, I am so sorry to hear this!!! :( Evil, nasty people! I'm also disappointed to hear the police aren't taking this more seriously since, as Lora mentioned above, there were firearms taken! I really hope what goes around comes around to whomever did this.

    ReplyDelete