Thursday, January 5, 2012

Having fun with Challenges -

Good morning eveyone! I've been noticing a lot of bloggers are making a New Year's Resolution to use more supplies from their stash before buying anything new. The more I think about it the more I like the idea and I've decided to try and do the same thing myself. Why? I buy things because I love the color, because it's sooo pretty, and because it speaks to me. What's the problem? I have a bad habit of hoarding my supplies because if I use it then I won't have it anymore. There... I've said it!

Today I'm going to show you some challenges I've just completed over at CardSwaps. And yes... I was a good girl and used material from my stash except for one stamp. It's new but I bought it with Christmas gift money and... it was on sale at almost half off.

This card is for this week's Member Challenge over at CardSwaps. It's a Funky Fold Card Challenge using the Double Dutch Fold and you can check out the challenge for yourself here.

This is the front of my card and I used my new stamp for the top portion. I know... it looks like DP but it's not, it's really a stamp. Impression Obsession makes it and it's one of their cover-a-card stamps called Ornate Floral. The Friends stamp is from the Vintage Vogue set by SU. The bottom portion is held together by a bellyband made of cardstock. The black & white paper is from my stash as is the red, white, and black cardstock.

Here's a look at the inside of my card.
The top portion opens up and the bottom portion opens out. Pretty cool huh? The bonus is it was super easy to make. I placed another piece of my DP across the bottom so it ties in with the front. The sentiment is a digi I've had by Ann Vento of Raindrop Echo Designs. Check it out here at Whimsy Design Studio.

My second set of cards if for CardMaker Challenge Corner at CardSwaps. This week's challenge is called 'There's A Card For That'. You can check out the challenge here The idea is to have some blank cards on hand that you can go to for a last minute card. Add a sentiment on the front... write a note inside and... voila your good to go.
I was really good because everything on these cards is from my stash. I've had the papers so long I don't remember who makes them or where I got them. The floral stamp is by Great Impressions #H184 stamped on white cardstock with Rangers 'Victorian Velvet' Distress Ink. The bicycle is Bicycle from Art Impressions is stamped on cream cardstock with Rich Cocoa by Mememto.

Well I guess I should be going. I hope you've enjoyed yourself and 'Thanks' for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Marlene, All of your cards here today are just beautiful, but your first card is just over the top gorgeous. It's so funny that I came here to your blog now, because not 5 minutes ago I was looking at the Cover-a- Card stamps and the Mega Mount over at OI. I had never seen them before and I was tempted to purchae them, but, trying to be good, I thought I'd think on it a while. Now that I've seen your card, I guess I've thought enough, I'm going to have to place an order. I Thank you, but my pocket book does not thank you. Hey, my hubby says you only go around once, so might as well get what you want. I like his way of thinking. LOL. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marlene, I have not yet ordered my cover-a-card stamps. I will probably get to that the beginning of next week. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What elegant cards!!! I really like them all. I've never tried a cover-a-card stamp; you really make me want one now!

    ReplyDelete