Monday, January 30, 2012

A non card challenge at CardSwaps:

Welcome back peeps! This week's member challenge was hosted my Elaine. We were to decorate a candle with whatever we wanted. Elaine's sample candle was done by stamping on tissue paper and then, by using a heat gun, transfering the image to the candle.


I  always wanted to try this technique be never got around to it. My first try was using Memento black ink and using tissue paper from Walgreens. Unfortunately the ink wanted to bleed causing a blurred image. For my second attempt I used the same in but the tissue paper was from "The Dollar Tree" and only cost $1 a package. It has a shiny and dull side and stamping on the dull side worked best. For my black dots around the bottom I used my black Pearl Pen by Viva.

Please stop over at CardSwaps here and see all the beautiful candles the ladies have made using different mediums. You can also go to Dawn Griffins' YouTube video here for the tissue paper technique I used.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed your visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment