Saturday, January 11, 2014

Combinding Challenges


Good morning peeps! So far this year has been busier than bees! There are two challenges going on over at Operation Write Home [OWH]. There’s this week’s sketch challenge #206, and also the monthly Our Daily Bread Designs [OBDB] monthly challenge
I love the layers on the Sketch Challenge so I had to give it a try. The OBDB Challenge is to use stripes. For some reason I shy away from stripes so I really wanted to try this… combining both challenges into one card really challenged me. However, I had fun and I’m glad I challenged myself to leave my comfort zone.

Links to both challenges:

Sketch #206 - The link is here.
OBDB -  The link is here.

I made three cards. For the first two I played with fall colors and embossing folders, On one my stiped paper is on an angle, while the other has the stripes vertical. It always amazes me how one paper can look so different.



My third card has papers that, believe it or not, have a summer theme. I had to play around with the center circle shape and create a banner.



Thank You so much for stopping by, hope you enjoyed your visit!
I read all comments and appreciate all of them.


Supplies:
First two cards -  Authentique 6x6 paper pad, Collection: Fresh
Third card – Echo Park 6x6 paper pad, Reflections-Fall
Hexagon dies. Scalloped circle punches, baker’s twine.

3 comments:

  1. All three are beautiful. I love the hexagon shapes in your first card. All three have lovely papers. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the polka dots, stripes and plaid combo, really fun... But they're ALL very nice. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you got onto a really nice roll! Love all the variations, especially the hexagon one! Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete