Monday, December 10, 2012

OWH Sketch Challenge #150

Hello peeps, and Happy December! Boy, little did I know that when I posted on November 21st that it would be so long. I was a week longer at my son's for Thanksgiving than I planned, car trouble, and then computer issues when I got home. Loooonnngggg stories that you don't want to hear, and I don't want to repeat. Let's leave it at... I'm home, my car's fixed, and my computer is working. :)

Here's my card for this week's sketch challenge on Operation Write Home's blog, Stars & StampsI used white puff paint to give the whipped cream topping some dimension. I used a sheet of double sided paper by Little Yellow Bicycle for the background paper and the large scalloped oval.




I need to add a warning right here. Those of us making cards for our heroes to write home DO NOT use glitter of any kind. It can flake off and make our heroes visible through night vision goggles. The strip of blue across the center of my card is glitter paper... so it will go with my cards only for my family and friends. I did several "flake" tests [rubbing the paper on clothing, scraping with finger nail, etc.] to see if the glitter would come off, and so far it doesn't.

However... I do not use this paper for OWH cards for our heroes. I won't take the chance with their safety, and neither should you. DO NOT use glitter or glitter paper when making cards for OWH!!


Here's a close up of the cocoa mug stamp.

If you want to try this layout for yourself, here's a pic of the sketch along with the measurements.

Supplies:
Cardstock - medium blue for card base, white
DSP - Flurry Dot Tonal from the Winterings collection by Little Yellow Bicycle
Glitter Paper - POW! Glitter Paper by American Crafts
Stamps - cocoa mug by Studio G clear stamps by Hampton Arts; sentiment from 'Snowy Short Stacks' by Stampendous
Punches/Dies - Scalloped Oval dies by Spellbinders; Snowflake punch [discontinued] by Creative Memories; Modern Label and Word Window punches by Stampin Up!
Liquid Pearls - White Opal and Baby Blue by Ranger
Copic - E25, to color the cocoa
Ink - Salvia Blue by Marvy Uchida

Well peeps, I'd better be going. It's been a long day and an even longer one tomorrow. Thank You so much for stopping by, hope you enjoyed your visit!

3 comments:

  1. Marlene, This card is so very nice and right now that cup filled with cocoa would be extremely nice to have. Your puffed paint look terrific and I really like those snowflakes with the center pearl drops. Thanks for the warning to us all about glitter. It can't be stressed enough. Enjoy your week. I'm glad to hear all your troubles have resolved themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you about the glitter...it is just easier to just say no than to worry about it. Does limit buying some stickers. Great card! the puff paint is a brilliant idea! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marlene, I love your card and the puff paint adds such nice detail. The LYB paper is really pretty paper. My computer crashed a couple of days ago so I can't post pics until I get it resolved. I am so thankful for my Kindle fire so I can keep up with OWH. I'm glad yours got resolved. Great card and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete