Sunday, May 5, 2013

Mojo No Go

Happy Sunday peeps! I've been taking the Online Card Class called His & Hers this past week. Just so ya know... I'm reluctantly posting my cards for 3 lessons. My mojo, like Elvis, has left the building! One great thing about paying for these online classes is that I always learn a lot, the teachers are fantastic, great sample cards and videos, and unlimited access to the student galleries.

Of course all this great stuff doesn't help when you're mojo won't cooperate. Ha! So without further ado I'll get to my cards I made.

Day 1 - Thinking of You - Kristina Werner, teacher - using circle elements
His: I'm really loving this one. The mustache print and stripes are from a double sided paper by Fancy Pants Designs called Mustache Fever. Perfect for guys.


Hers: I really like this one too. I just had trouble with my lighting so it looks kind of washed out here. The doily stamp is from a SU set called Delicate Doilies.



Day 2 - Happy Birthday - Christina Kowalczyk teacher - using vellum
Hers: This one isn't too bad. My strips of vellum are 1/2" wide and I colored them with Copics. [Y15, YG03, BG01, R22] I attached the strips, at angles, to the back of the white piece. Believe it or not, the sentiment is actually straight. I think the angles of the vellum make it look wonky.


His: This has to be my favorite of the two, which is good considering I have trouble with masculine cards. I used Copics to color my vellum [ BG01, BG05, YG03]. The squares are 1 1/2", the HAPPY is sticker letters.



Day 3 - Sympathy - Kristina Werner teacher 
His: I love this one too. I love Washi tape so I used two designs on this card. The music design is by Theresa Collins, don't have a clue about the woodgrain. I found it at a LSS. I stamped the sentiment with Brushed Corduroy distress ink and used a distress marker [same color] for the dash line. These are by Ranger.


Hers:  Yeah.... no! The Hers version was an epic fail. 

Well there you go peeps. My mojo may not be where it's supposed to be but I had fun trying to get it back. Now it's time for me to get a cuppa coffee, prop my feet up, and put the heatin pad on my tired, aching back.

Thanks so much for stopping by, hope you enjoyed your visit!

2 comments:

  1. Marlene you are too hard on yourself. Your cards are lovely! I particularly like the her thinking card and the his birthday card! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're our own worst critics at times, but I really think you're being too critical! I love how you used the vellum panels - something I've never done! I love the colored strips on the birthday card!

    ReplyDelete