Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Busy week ahead: A Sketch Challenge & Candy!

Good morning friends!

This week will be a super busy one for me. It's week 1 of The Birthdays! [da da da dunnn] October is Birthday Central for so many of us in the family. This week [yesterday] two granddaughters celebrated their big day; Kaitlyn turned 11, and Kiara turned 8. Today my lovely mom is 90 years young. I'm having a small party for her this Saturday so it's busy, busy, busy!

This week is my turn to host the Member Challenge over at CardSwaps. It started Monday [yesterday] and runs through Sunday, Oct 14th, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Note: you'll want to read my entire post... there's Candy involved! Here's the sketch I came up with, and 2 samples:

My first sample is Christmas themed. The papers are from the "Peaceful" collection by Authentique Paper. The sentiment is a sticker from the "Details" sticker sheet of the same collection. The gray is shimmer cardstock and I used VersaMark ink by Tsuneko to stamp small snowflakes for an all over design.

My second sample is also Christmas themed. The red and green designer papers are by The Paper Studio. I matted both papers on green dotted swiss cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper.

Now for the Candy!
Each week at CardSwaps Member Challenge one lucky name is randomly drawn, by the host, from entrants who post a photo of a card made using this sketch. The winner receives Candy from me. Pop on over, enter a card, and you'll be entered in the drawing for Candy. Here's the link again.

Leave a comment on this post by 11:59 p.m. EST Sunday, October 14th, 2012. Next Monday, Oct 15th, I will randomly draw a name from the commenters to win more Candy from me.! I'll post the winners here next Monday. Please... in your comment leave a way for me to contact you.

Thank you so much for stopping by, hope you enjoyed your visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment