Tuesday, October 23, 2012

OWH Tutorial, Reverse Iris Folding

Hello Peeps! Although today is almost over, it was Tutorial Tuesday over on Operation Write Home's blog, Stars & Stamps. You can check out the great tutorial, with instructions & template, here. Several years ago I tried Iris Folding but it was time consuming and I never quite mastered it. You had to cut individual strips of paper, fold them in half, then tape them to a specific layout to create a design or shape. Yeah... mine never really resembled anything, except a hot mess.

I decided to be brave and give this version a try... and I really like it!

I hate photographing red, but other than it's not quite the same red as in real life I'm very pleased with it. I'll definitely be doing this Reverse Iris Folding again.

Well time for bed. Thank you for stopping by, hope you enjoyed your visit!

4 comments:

  1. Love the papers you chose - very complementary. The sentiment and ribbon are a nice touch. This is NOT any sort of hot mess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are much braver than I. This technique always scares me just to think about it. I'm so glad you went ahead and tried it again. Your card is just a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious! I don't think I brave enough to try this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great papers! I love the ribbon and sentiment across the bottom. I always struggle with how to fit a sentiment on these and yours looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete